WHAT EXACTLY IS MY JOB

Good evening, human.

Happy new year, by the way. Today it might be a long post. I’m going to reveals everything to all of you about my journey, concentrating on the history of me working somewhere, since the beginning.


Let’s get started from the divortion of my parents, back in May, 2006. That time, our family really breaks away to pieces. Dad moving out to Germany, Mom staying in Jakarta, my big brother finished his middle school in Magelang, my little sister also going to primary school in Magelang, and I choose to entered a boarding school, also in Magelang.

The next year, my brother moving out to Jakarta, but not living with my mother, but used the empty house that my father left. And by that, 5 family member in 5 different place.

In February, 2009, due to some problems I had, I’m forcing myself out of Indonesia, and by that, returning to my birthplace origin, Asahikawa, Hokkaido. I’m not going to school that time, just taking my final exams online (I was still registered as the student of the boarding school in Magelang). Somehow, I’m still graduating from that school. In Asahikawa, I tried to make money, in any ways, but most of it, by helping my grandma doing everything. In this time, I joined a closed competition in making song, which was recommended by my dad, and won the third place. That was my first money.


I entered high school, decided to coming back, to Jakarta, using the old house I was lived in the past. There’s a lot of trauma here, but I decided to cleanse them all. By the time I arrived, straight to the point, my dad told me to take care of The Jakarta Symphony alongside with him. And so, I’m living my new job as an Assistant Executive. What did I do? Mostly, song arrangement (made me called myself more into ‘Assistant Editor’ instead of ‘Assistant Executive’). Besides doing the arrangement, I also become the manager of every concert and also taking care of the rental of music instruments in the office. A lot of job for someone who didn’t really had that much experience, of course.

The manager of every concert were exactly ate the most energy in myself. The time this Symphony had a concert, way before the first practice, I should helped my dad finishing all the score, for all instruments. From the first practice until the last practice held, I should make sure of everything, like the partiture stand for every player, their drink (make sure never get empty during the practice), giving pencils to every player (sometimes they need to take notes in their partiture), and also the catering. I also preparing the practice venue all alone, make sure of everything went perfect.

Tired of the same job, I asked my dad about the some other song writings competition, and that time, my dad give me a number while saying, “Nothing, but tried to contact him. If you really want, I could recommend you to his newest project.”

The name appeared is Takarai Hideto. Somehow, it’s not so unfamiliar to me, but that’s how I started the real life. It supposed to be Hyde of L’Arc~en~Ciel.


Well, and so, there goes the demo of the song ‘Piano Memory’ to that great singer in Japan. And in the short time, I was contacted and contracted as the part of the production team of the band called ‘VAMPS’, with my song included into their second album entitled ‘Beast’.

My song made it, and rename into ‘PIANO DUET’, which was actually an emotional song I made with the memory of my grandmother who was just passed away a little while ago.

And so, my dad takes me to Japan, handing me under the label of Sony Music Japan. I was placed exactly on the VAMPS unit and started to join the work they’re doing right now, the ‘Beast’ project. And so, the second song of mine that was accepted named ‘GET UP’. I was really happy that time. The rest work of mine was the song ‘RUMBLE’ and ‘MEMORIES’, but mostly, in that time, I was considered more into someone who could make good lyrics. So, despite also making songs, I also asked to checked every lyrics in the album.


“The best way to promote yourself is through your work,” that was what dad told me at the very first stage of my career. He told me to be like a ‘mad man’ and full of hunger.

Also, from my time there, I also learnt as the assistant of two great composers, Hiroyuki Sawano and Kawai Kenji, and got tons of lesson from them.


The year 2010 has become the real deal for me, that was absolutely the hardest time until now. I tried to do literally everything, chasing all the project possible, and put all the best efforts in everyone of it.

Following the project of ‘Halloween’ by VAMPS, I was also done the big project ‘Halloween Junky Orchestra’ in making the song of ‘Halloween Party’. At the same time, I also should work with a japanese singer, LiSA, making the OST for an anime back then. The name of the anime was ‘Angel Beats’, which was, in my opinion, one fine anime. Acted as ‘the man behind Girl Dead Monster’, a fictional band in the anime, I tried to explore even more colors on my ability in making music.

Following with the tsunami accident in Japan that time, I was given a job overseas, to United States, meeting my biggest inspiration in the music world, My Chemical Romance. I was signing for the project ‘Sing it for Japan’ and got accepted with the big project. It was really a huge project which I was happy to worked with.


It doesn’t stop. I went home to Indonesia and made my own studio for working from here. That was the best decision for me that time. It might be a lot of energy spent, but in that time, I know that’s the best thing I could do about everything. The Vamprose Studio also accepted the decision, and by that, I was working even in larger and wider music world.

The very first thing I did after returning to Indonesia was helping a band called Gradience Harmony, which was an Indonesian indie band who has the genre of Japanese Rock. Recorded 3 songs with them called ‘Deg-Degan’ (Heart beat fast/nerveous), ‘Rindu Terdalam’ (The deepest miss), and ‘Tunggu Pembalasanku’ (Wait for my revenge), and after that parted ways with them. That might be a short time, but I was happy to met them and helped them with everything I got.

After that, I returned to Japan for negotiations and to signed the real contract. This is the important point of my career life. I got a 5-year contract, with an option for an extent in the future. So, what kind of job I should do? I made songs, I concepting projects or albums or single. That’s all. All the job I done should be handed to Sony Music Japan, and will be under their copyrights, in any other composers name, in return of my private way of life. It is also decided that I am not permitted to becoming a public figure, even a slight, both under the name of Sony Music Japan or outside the name of the company. I will also granted with no interviews with the media or appearance on TV, and should not falling into any scandals or accidents by public figure.

So what does it mean? It was simply, I should be invincible, that even if I meet so many artists or musicians in the future, every information about me will remains as a secret. Only the ‘inside person’ will find out about everything.

This also affected the blog a little while ago, right? I was forced to delete this blog, or, make it as a private blog, so I could keep on talking as I wanted. Only the people I chosen were allowed to access all the post.

After the signing of the contract, my life has completely changed. It feels like I’m an assets, the talent of the company, an artists, but also, secret agent! Ahahaha!

I was then transfered into Sony Music Indonesia and started to worked as one of the young executive producer in that place, meeting so many people both from Indonesia or overseas. It was really great to be labeled as ‘the youngest producer’ by one of the best music company in the whole world, Sony. I was too excited, and get too proud of myself. My sorry about that.

Entering the year 2011, I started to worked with one of Indonesian biggest rock band called J-Rocks, with entering their color of music by making the songs of ‘Ya Aku’ (Yeah, it’s me). All the personels was actually music genius, made everything so fun and excellent.


I was recalled to Japan to tried proposing some concept for the newest L’Arc~en~Ciel album. Thanks to the hard work in the Vamprose Studio, I was recommended to help with the project. Take times about 5 months for me to handing the concept I made, consists of 29 songs. I was so happy that my works appreciated, by the choosen of the demo of 2 songs, ‘Good Luck My Way’ and ‘Futuristic’ (which is later renamed into ‘Mirai Sekai’ (The Future World). Following the success campaign I had, I was recommended into a much more project and got so many offers from all over Japan and Indonesia.


I was so thankful that all the hard work I did started to show results. Along the rest of the year, I decided to accepted some offers, which after the discussion with the consultant of Sony Music Japan, will done the biggest impact in my career growth.

And so, I was reunited with Sawano Hiroyuki for the job that will be released in 2013, the original soundtrack of an anime called ‘Shingeki no Kyoujin’ (Attack on Titan) for the first offer I accept.

The second acceptance was, in my opinion, bigger responsibility, that being one of the music executive producer for an upcoming Japanese movie called ‘Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru’ (The Liar and His Lover). This is huge because I’ll also do an audition for the main character of the movie, that will best fit not just with the original character, but also the concept I had.


Following that, I also accepting to work under the production of japanese rock bands, My First Story and ONE OK ROCK. The second name was a huge band, while the first name is the real challenge for me to help them getting more well-known in Japanese music world.


Enjoying all the hectic daily life doesn’t made me feels annoyed. I only found excitement and enthusiasm towards everything. I’m enjoying the time I’m working in the music, even though it costs me a lot energy, because I should flight from Indonesia to Japan and so on, in so many times. That also ruining down my bodies. The costs is also my healthy, which after everything, I oftenly had health issues which hold me sometimes.

At year 2012, by the audition for the movie ‘The Liar and His Lover’, I found an incredible girl for the main character. Chosen by the character of the voice that I really love, also the mushy hair, there she goes Ohara Sakurako chosen for the role. And from that time, I produced her, since the first song, until now.


The work with Sawano Hiroyuki also went perfect, and deliver me into the next anime soundtrack project, Charlotte. In this project, I also produced the imaginary band called ‘Zhiend’ and composed all the song.

At the month of October, by all my coincidence, and the approval from the consultant of the company, again, I’m adding my responsibility. Being forced to be one of the most stressful project with no real clear concept, I accepted the offers to joined in the production of the project Nogizaka46, the official rival for AKB48, mentioned the big man, Yasushi Akimoto.


With the only goal of chasing the success of AKB48 in so much shorter time, I accepted the challenge and introduced to all my new teams and also all the members and will started to work with their upcoming 4th single.

Shortly, at the end of the year 2012, I’ve been working on the production with Hiroyuki Sawano, and also became responsible for the music produced by the band ONE OK ROCK, My First Story, and finally Nogizaka46.

And so, in this wonderful 2013, I will gave everyone some hints about what’s going on to happened.

1. After taking just a minor contribution on their debut album, I will tell you that at the beginning of next month, My First Story newest album will be released. Some of you might absolutely hear the news.

2. This year, I was allocated to released 4 new single for Nogizaka46. The first one will be on the March, and the second confirmed just one day after my birthday. Maybe the third will be announced to be at November, in my opinion. It all depends on the internal income situation of this project in the future.

3. The exactly same date with My First Story album, ONE OK ROCK will also releasing a new album. I tell you this one is exactly rocking out everything. You might have also listen to the news, but it even all way better. You will figure it out somehow.

4. VAMPS new single will be released at the middle of the year, on early July. And also, the first international album will also be released this year. The songlist are from the 2 previous album with some new fresh sound, and also new lyrics. I think this will be release at the end of this year. So far, the “SWEET DREAMS” song for the international has done, and sound so perfect.

There must be so much other things upcoming, but everything will worth the wait. Also, I’m planning on killing off my life and even achieve higher in this world. Wish me the best luck to boost my possibility. And also, not a year or two, but I’m sure there will be more exciting new part of my life in the future.

I’m imagining of one friend who will freely speaks both Indonesian and Japanese with me, that would be so perfect. Future, come quickly!

コメント

人気の投稿