AMBITIONS!

Good evening, human.

Today was the release of the new album by ONE OK ROCK, “Ambitions” ...


I was so happy by all the waiting, and also all the hard work from the starting point of the project until today, the releasing of the full album.

There was always a new challenge in every new project I worked with. This album aiming for ‘American ears’, which is nothine near my capability at first. The first month after the announcement of the project was the hardest time I had in this project. Moving out to USA for some times, meeting with the new partner at the new studio, and tried to concepting everything is very hard. For a full month, I heard so many songs, like Twenty One Pilots, The Vamps, One Direction, Paramore, everything!

What for?

First, I need to picturing what kind of music are qualified as “the best”, from the composition of the song, the theme of the song, the lyrics, and also the audiences. From that starting point, I started to write songs. That what I called as ‘concepting’, created songs, make a list of it, concepting the theme and the story, and presented it on the meeting.

The first real meeting was exactly 29 days after the announcement of the project. It’s a lot things to do in such a short times.

Remember, in making songs, I need to also thinking about the characteristics of the band, how far I could concepting everything without erasing the band characteristics. That’s the hardest thing I found in my job so far.

But everything passed and succeed because of everyone! The absolutely awesome team I had, the passionate staffs joined in the project, the excellence of the band members, thank you for everything!

ありありありありありありありありありありがとう!
おめおめおめおめおめおめおめおめおめおめでとう!

Let’s cut the cake!!!

コメント

人気の投稿