NEW YEAR CELEBRATION

Good evening, human.

I think this is counted as the first post, too. Well, the real first post, right?

Once again, happy new year for everyone. I hope to get along with all of you along this year and let the year before became an excellent sources for evaluation that I hope we’re all going to be far more better this year.

Okay, at the end of last year, the Student Council decided to do some simple New Year Celebration. The day decided to done it was today, at the school aula at the fifth floor. The event was very simple and it feels like a little careless. There will be some performances from each class at the stage, and every class was setted free to do anything they wanted. It doesn’t matter if the whole class participating or maybe just one member as the delegation of the class.

So do with my class. My class maybe the most “slacking-off” class, since everyone never discussed about it, or exactly don’t really care about it, even until today. Well, the other classes seemed very dedicated and well-prepared in everything. But then, my class suddenly gathered and talked about it, just 30 minutes before the event began.

And decided, me, alongside with Mario and Harfian will do trio. I’ll play the guitar, Mario will play the piano, and Harfian will both singing and playing the guitar. And so, in no time, we reach the old piano at the aula and started to practice. Luckily, I bring some guitar to school (today, my dad takes me to the school by car) and so the practice is under control.


It’s been very difficult for us to get along, since the third of us usually played different kind of music, even though we were declared as the third best person in playing music. Mario really loves group as Indonesian pop band (Vierra, Samsons) and some legendary band such as The Beatles, Mr. Big and Aerosmith. Harfian always listen to some Jazz and Swing music. While I was always listen some rock and punk music (My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold) and also had a big love for japanese rock band (X-Japan, VAMPS, One Ok Rock, My First Story, Radwimps, L’Arc~en~Ciel).

Maybe the only one who always become able and the fastest one for an adaptation to another music genre was me, since I’ve been working in music industry since my Middle School time. We tried anything in the 30 minutes to get along and all the stressful feelings were overwhelming all over the place. We cannot get along at last.

Our class, XI Social, or always called as “Sociale!” got the last place on the list, which means we’re going to be the closing performance. It would be embarassing if we failed to closed the event in a good way, and so the three of us becomes extremely worried about it.

The burden is too big to be taken by the three of us, being the last performers means you should watched every performances from the other classes, and it will affected you because you will start to comparing yourself with them. And when you saw performances that was way better than you (in your opinion), the burden becomes bigger and heavier. There aren’t so many people who could embrace that kind of situation, because just “Let’s do our best!” will never enough on that kind of situation.

It’s just the second performances and the backstage has become darker, I could see how Mario and Harfian face looks pale, both of them were already gone, their bravery vanished. Seems I thought I’m a little bit stronger than them, I started conversations with them, just to make sure of everything we’re going to do.

“What’s wrong? Will we continue this?” I asked them.

Their answering with a smile, a dark smile. They’re not ready. And so I decided to told them about something.

“I’ve been in this kind of situation for several times. I was in the band, back on my Middle School times. I was the leader of the band, and also the singer. I had a big responsibility for all the members.

In my Middle School, there were the Music Club, which has several bands. We called our band as “JBRS” and made it to be the best band at the first audition of the club to be the delegation of the school for competition, defeating all the senior bands, and also the same year bands.

The pressure that time was extremely huge, bigger than now. As the leader, I could see all the other face members exactly like yours now. I tried to talked with them, but it’s not working. I decided to leave them for a while at the backstage, which made them feels even more afraid than before.

Did you know what I do that time?” I asked them.

Mario and Harfian just looking at me confusely, wished I continued the story which could (maybe) motivated them and giving some mmore power for them.

“I bought ice cream, “ I said to them, and they were smiled.

“I was stupid, right? I bought them my favorite ice cream, and gave it to them with a careless attitude. I told them not to get worried about anything, that it was just another practice time, nothing more.

Well, back then, at the practice time on the music studio, I always bring ice cream for every one of them. Not the one they liked, but the flavor I loved so much. I always said that just like when I’m giving my dearest love ice cream to them, I will also giving my best and all the passion as the leader in every practice and performances ahead,” I told both of them.

I asked them once again, “so, will we hit the stage today?”

Mario answered with full of hesitation, “I don’t think I could, after all. We’re so bad, right? I can’t touch and play the piano for today.”

And so Harfian giving the same answer. After having a little more conversations, everything went better for the three of us. Well, the best thing is they told the truth. And so the final decision made.


I went to the stage by myself!

With my guitar, I sang the L’Arc~en~Ciel ballad song, “Hitomi no Jyuunin” and made it to get the audiences attention. After the song, I told them about what was happening in the backstage and that the three of us has been in rough time.

And as the closing song, I asked the audiences to also sing along with me, the famous song of every student in the school, “Wherever You Are”, a song from One Ok Rock. And that it finally works very well!

I’m happy that I made it today, and to helped every one of the class members, especially Mario and Harfian to went through all the hard times today. Great!

コメント

人気の投稿