SHE WANTS TO PLAY THE PIANO FOR YOU

Good evening, human.

Today was a little different day. After receiving the confirmation (last week) to make my first solo song for the idol group, Nogizaka46, that I’ve been working with for some times, I decided to start to work on it yesterday. In making this kind of project, it’s usual for me to do my own research. Since it will be a solo song that will be included in their first album, I wish this song could express at least most things the member wanted to say to the audience. So, I asked the office to send me all the personal data of the member who will sing this song. After receiving the data, I’ve been ‘learning her’ from the paper I had, and the next step is talk with her.


And today is the day I’ll do some simple conversations with one of the member, Ikuta Erika. Well, it looks like an interview a bit, because I put a mic in the table we will had the conversations. So, there will be 3 person included in my recording of course. It’s me, the member, and my translator. What if I make this post in dialogue part? It would be easier to follow, right? It would be full-translated in English. I will use the initial ‘AS’, and the member will use ‘EI’ to make it faster. So, enjoy!

AS : Ah, good afternoon.

EI : Good afternoon. Looking forward to work with you.

AS : Me too, I’m looking forward for this. I’m Ananda Steflaart, the songwriter, but you may call me anything, since my name is a little bit difficult to say.

EI : Yes, I’m Ikuta Erika from Nogizaka46. It’s nice to meet you.

AS : Nice to meet you. Okay, Ikuta-san, I’m sorry for taking your time in your day off. It’s fine, right?

EI : Ah, it’s fine. The pleasure is mine being able to come and meet you in your office.

AS : Oh, it’s very kind of you.

EI : Thank you, . . . . . . sensei.

AS : (write ‘Ananda Steflaart’ the paper and hand it over to her) Use this if you still can’t remember my name yet.

EI : (receiving the paper I give formally) Sorry for being rude.

AS : No, no, take it easy. That’s the risk of having a weird name like mine, right? Can we just stop being so formal? It will be difficult for someone like me who haven’t learn Japanese well. Is it okay, IE-san?

EI : Yes, I understand.

AS : Okay, so now, it would looks like a little interview for you. But, please don’t exert to tell me anything, since I’m not a journalist, just your songwriter.

EI : I’ll try my best to help.

AS : Great! So ... Ikuta-san, you were born in Dusseldorf and returned to Japan when you’re 5 years old?

EI : Yes, exactly.

AS : Well, last year, it’s still a great city, I thought.

EI : Eh?

AS : Ah, last year, I was staying at Berlin for one and a half month. Dusseldorf was just one of some city I visited there.

EI : Holiday?

AS : No, that time, I planned to finish my study. I was an Ethnomusicology student, and in my final stage of the international program I joined. You know Ethnomusicology, right?

EI : Is it the music subject that concentrating on the cultural and traditional music?

AS : Exactly. Well, next month will be my graduation ceremony, even though I’m afraid I can’t make it there to join the ceremony.

EI : Congratulations for your graduation, Steflaart-san.

AS : Thank you, thank you. But, it’s written here that you were also a musician. Specialized in Piano, minoring Alto Horn and some rhythm strings. Is it true?

EI : Yes, I loved piano so much. I really loved music.

AS : How much is your love?

EI : How should I put it? How should I describe it?

AS : Okay, I’ll make my example. I loved music so much. My father is a music professor, and my mother plays Flute and Saxophone until today. There is no single day without music played. Music is my everyday. I can’t sleep without turning on the music. That’s also the reason I did this job, I can play my dear guitar everytime and get paid, and the number one I loved is, I can hear music all day. Well, it’s usually about 20 hours a day in total.

EI : Awesome ...

AS : What about you?

EI : A minute ... I’m speechless.

AS : Ahahaha, take your time.

EI : Okay, I’ll start. I loved music, especially I loved piano. Even, a little while ago, I was planning to get serious on learning piano to some music school. But, besides piano, I also loved to sing, I really loved it. That’s why I choose to stay on my idol group and continue my activity here after stopped a little while. If I could, I want to spent the rest of my life with music all over me.

AS : Thank you, it’s a very good words from you.

EI : Thank you.

AS : Love to sing?

EI : Yes, I loved it.

AS : So, what kind of your voice you want to pour to the song?

EI : My best one.

AS : But I never heard you sing before.

EI : Ah, I’m sorry.

AS : The mistake is all mine. Even though I started to work with you and the whole idol group, I never shown up my face on the recording studio, right? When Akimoto-san told me to at least understand you all a bit by watching all your appearance on TV, I also slacking off. I just watch about 20 episodes of your show with that comedian duo.

EI : Did you really watched it!?

AS : Yeah, you’re a disaster in one of the episode, right?

EI : Ah, right! I did horrible thing back then. It must be the cooking session, right?

AS : That’s how I remember you. Sometimes, I also joking around that never to told you come to my kitchen and cook. Sorry for being rude, okay?

EI : Ah, it’s fine. You’re a kind person for being friendly.

AS : Well, we should return to our serious business here. What do you want to tell to people? What do you want to deliver from this song?

EI : . . . . . . . (Thinking hard, her face looks a little weird) . . . . Good words for them?

AS : Good message?

EI : Yeah, good message. But I don’t know what kind of words I wanted to tell them yet.

AS : Okay, I’ll help. Do you want me to help you?

EI : Ah, thank you very much.

AS : Okay, let’s do some psychological music methods. (I’m using the words from “Bintang Hidupku”, an Indonesian song to describe how I admired her) Now, you should look at me as one of your biggest fan. I know every little bit of you. I know you were great playing the piano, I really loved the way you sing, and I followed every things you do. I even feels so sad knowing you’re not participating on one of the group’s single, and also afraid when I heard you decided to hiatus for a while. I’m afraid that you will never return. You will leave the group. I couldn’t see you in any event anymore, I couldn’t hear you sing live, and my wish to hear you playing another songs with your piano almost at its limit. I write it all, expressing all my feelings for you in a letter that reached you now. (I make a gesture like giving a letter to her). Okay, I want to hear the reply of the letter. Tell me everything you wanted to say.

EI : I’m getting emotional now.

AS : Ahahaha, I’m sorry. Do it as you wish, enjoy your time. Don’t get into hurry, feel your own emotions. I’m your biggest fan. This mic will help you to record everything from the very beginning until the very last words. You can also edit it later, if you want. So, it doesn’t matter how long you will talk. Feel free to talk.

EI : Thank you very much.

AS : Okay, use your time. I’ll wait here, just say everything passing through your mind and heart.

EI : Thank you ...

. . . . . .

AS : Should we leave you for a while? So, you can say everything you want without any hesitation?

IE : You don’t have to. It’s fine, I’ll say anything.

AS : (making a gesture with my hand, giving her the OK to get started)

IE : I want to thank you for all your support until now. Actually, I feels so happy that you did so. It is right that I’ve been playing the piano since I was a very little girl. That time, the keyboard were so heavy and big. Even though I was just a little girl, I never got tired and always played my piano with my innocent smile. I laughed so much when I’m with my dear piano, that’s how much I loved piano. My dream was to living the rest of my life with my dearest piano. I wanted to become the number one pianist in the school. As a little girl, I had a dream of becoming the number one in the world.

IE : One most precious thing I learned from my piano is that in every situation, piano could always become my goal. When I feels happy, I went to my piano. When I feels sad, I went to my piano. That’s what I do the whole time in my life. Piano was always the fine answer to me. My love to my piano continues until today. That’s my reason when I choose to be on hiatus for a while and decided to go to some music college. I wanted to get closer and closer to my piano.

IE : But, there was one time that I realized. I realized that everything is different. I changed. The dream I had when I was a little kid, that thing is slowly transforming into something new. That’s the reason why I ended my hiatus and return to the group. I realized one other thing. The way I looked into my dearest piano, I could see the same eyes in your eyes, when you’re giving your support to me. I felt so thankful.

IE : Now, I think it is even a greater happiness to plays my piano with only you in front of me, instead of standing on some huge stage with a thousand audiences. For all the important people for me, from now on I will always play my piano for all of you. I’ll play it from my heart. I am now your piano. (she started to shred her tears)

AS : (also, holding back my tears) I never realized this could be so emotional like this. All your fans must be so proud of you.

IE : Thank you very much.

AS : That’s a very beautiful words you said, Ikuta-san. I’ll make sure to make them into good lyrics.

IE : Really? I’m so happy.

AS : You want to see it now? I have thought some lyrics in my head.

IE : I really want!

AS : (writing some Japanese words using alphabets) Sorry, even though I understand what you have said, but I still can’t write using hiragana or katakana, especially kanji. Is this fine? (I show the words ‘ima’ (now) I wrote just a moment ago)

IE : It’s fine as long as it’s still Japanese (she said with smiling)

And so, I wrote some lyrics on my mind to the paper and show it to her after that. Here is some words I wrote back this afternoon.

It was translated to be like this (more or less): “Now, you just have to listen to my piano. I think I’ll feel happier than in the glamorous stage. Thank you.”

That was the summary of everything I did for today. I closed the look-a-like interview session and offer her some foods on the office. From chocolates, udon, and yakiniku (which is written as her favorite foods), she choose yakiniku. So, with all the staffs in the office, I decided to let one of the staff to buy a lot of foods so we can eat the yakiniku together.

A good day should be made as a perfect day, as much as we could, right?

So, tonight, I’ve written half of the lyrics. Let’s see. I’ve got the verse and the refrain already. I’m planning that she will play the piano herself, that would be the best concept I could think about until a few minutes ago. But, here is my plan for the title. The song name will be あなたのために弾きたい (Anata no Tame ni Hikitai) or well, more or less, in English we could called it as “Playing for You”

Good night, everyone.

Wait for it to release!

コメント

人気の投稿