GRANDPA, FIGHT!


Good evening, human.

This morning I arrived in Yogyakarta. In no time, I prepared myself to go to the hospital where my grandfather was handled over. I couldn’t sleep last night, my usual situation when riding public transportation. I’m tired but still had enough energy to do all the things I need to do for today.

After get off the train on Lempuyangan train station, I went to my house immediately. I take a shower, changing clothes, and went for the hospital. I know there must be other family member in the hospital like my uncle or aunt, maybe, but the reason I should acted fast is because I often pointed to be my family representation at moment like these. Compared with my parents, my brother or my sister, I always the one who take care of the big family situation at first hand, no matter where I was.

About this situation, there’s a lot of thing need to be discussed over, right? Such as the cost needed for the treatment, the schedule of who wait for my grandfather at the hospital, discussion about what’s next to do with my grandfather, and else.



After having words with my uncle about the situation and got permission from the hospital nurses, I went to see my grandfather for just 10 minutes. He’s sleeping, and are in a critical phase, but the doctor claimed that for now, he’s fine and are still under control.

I went home right after my uncle told me so. He told me to get some rest first, so I could take my mother to the hospital at the evening. Yap, my mother will arrived on the evening time.


At the evening, my grandfather got better and luckily, my mother could talk to him in person. I always wear my mask, right? Look at that photo! By that time, my grandfather asked me to put it off, so he could recognize my face.

“Oh, you’re the young and kind doctor,” he said to me.

I laughed. Well, it’s usual for me not to be remembered by him, for he almost forget about everything. But this is the first time I was called a doctor. Before, there was a lot of person he thought me I was, such as my dad, my great grandfather, postman, my mother’s new husband, my elder cousin, his son, his friend from his time as a teacher, etc.

After a while, my mother whispered him, “he is Ananda, my second son. Do you remember anything?”

My grandfather smiled and started to tell me stories about his young time, and advice for life. There are words I taken seriously from his small voice, he told me this: “In this life, you have to be aware about yourself and always look inside yourself, because you still had a long journey ahead. Learn to face problems, taking responsibilities on anything, and be strong enough to stand by yourself. Continue what have you started and finish it.”

After that long and meaningful words, I smiled. My heart touched. After that, with his smile, he whispered me, “I would deliver my thanks to you.”

Ah, that smile, I thought the last time I saw it was when I was still about 9 or 10 years old. I wish that was not the last words from him to me, I’m sure he will get better and better from now on. Keep fighting on, grandpa!

I wish all the best for you!

コメント

人気の投稿